Format & Call Letters
Sports Radio - WBNS-FM
97.1 The Fan is one of the most listened to sports radio station in America!
97.1 The Fan has been a market leader with both Men 25-54 AND Adults 25-54.
Columbus, Ohio was voted the top sports city in America in 2010 (SCARBOROUGH) and we prove it every day!
Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan is the flagship home for Ohio State Buckeyes Football, along with Men’s Basketball. In addition, The Fan is the flagship home of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets.
97.1 The Fan mixes today's top syndicated sports personalities, along with the very best local sports talk hosts for a unique mixture of hot sports opinion.
97.1 The Fan is where sports fans come first. Since We're passionate sports fans too. We have affluent fans that love to debate and discuss sports. Get the day's top sports stories on 97.1 The Fan.
97.1 The Fan listeners love debating the top stories in sports, getting behind the scenes look at the life of popular athletes, and listen to get an in-depth look at sports players, teams, personalities, and much more.
97.1 The Fan features top quality original shows and exclusive programming to connect fans with their favorite sports, teams, and players. We also engage passionate fans who stay connected to their schools through sports.
97.1 The Fan is targeted to reach affluent men 35+ with high earning power in their prime spending years.
97.1 The Fan has wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: 97.1 The Fan targets men 25-54.
- Almost 25% of Sports listeners in America are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- Over 20% of Sports listeners in America are adults 55 to 64 years old.
- Almost 15% of Sports listeners in America are adults 65+.
- Over 20% of Sports listeners in America are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- Almost 20% of Sports listeners are adults 25-34 years old.
Household Income: Sports listeners in America have high earning power.
- Over 48% of Sports listeners in America have an income over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Sports listeners in America have an income of $50,000 -$74,999.
- Almost 25% of Sports listeners in America have an income of$25,000 - $49,999.
- Almost 70% of Sports listeners in America have an annual household income of over $50,000 a year.
Occupation: 97.1 The Fan listeners are employed as Owners, Managers or Professionals, employed as Tradespeople, employed in the Sales and Service industry and are also employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Education: 97.1 The Fan listeners are well educated.
- Over 43% are college graduates.
- Over 28% have some college
- Over 30% have attended community college.
- Over 20% have a high school diploma.
Get your message out to thousands of potential new customers each week with 97.1 The Fan.
97.1 The Fan targets homeowners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years.
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
97.1 The Fan's sports format is one of the most powerful performing formats for advertisers today!
97.1 The Fan Listeners Are Active Consumers
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo) and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and woman's shoes and accessories.
Investments:97.1 The Fan targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: 97.1 The Fan attracts listeners who actively participate in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends. These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
97.1 The Fan has wide appeal with consumers who have huge disposable income!
We Live Here
97.1 The Fan is committed to super-serving the community. The station has a strong focus on local events, issues, entertainment, civic functions, as well as, charitable causes. We take pride in being an important part of the fabric of our community.
At 97.1 The Fan we love taking part in community events and getting behind local causes that affect our listeners.
97.1 The Fan is extremely proud of its commitment to the community radio station that actively supports hundreds of worthwhile causes.
97.1 The Fan Is Built For Advertisers
97.1 The Fan is unique from other radio formats. Due to the nature of this format, people listen to 97.1 The Fan differently.
97.1 The Fan is a high impact foreground listening medium. We cater to affluent, fast-paced professionals who love to hear the latest from sports events and stories. 97.1 The Fan listeners are actively listening to get the information they want. Your commercial message cuts through and gets heard on 97.1 The Fan.
97.1 The Fan is a great investment and delivers the very best results for your business.
97.1 The Fan Features The Best In Sports Programming
97.1 The Fan features the best in Sports Programming Weekdays.
6 AM - 10 AM Golic & Wingo
10 AM -12 PM Tim & Beanie
12 PM - 3 PM Carpenter & Rothman
3 PM - 6 PM Common Man & T-Bone
6 PM - 7 PM The Buckeye Show
7 PM - 9 PM Pro Football Talk With Mike Florio
9 PM - 1 AM Freddie And Fitzsimmons
2 AM - 4 AM Sportscenter All Night /First And Last
To get more information click here.
97.1 The Fan gives you top quality shows and exclusive programming to connect affluent sports fans with their favorite sports teams and players.
97.1 The Fan Coverage Map
If You'd Like To Find Out More How Radio
Can Help You Grow Your Business Click Here